This is my bLoG!!! I get to SaY whatever I wAnT!!! My gripes, joys, and whatever comes to mind :) I love anything CrEaTiVe, ViSuAL, HeARtFELT, YuMmY, FuNnY, INSPIRING!!!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

ups and downs

It has been a busy busy week... running and working and being productive.. I went from good things happening for my job to..... making the decision to go see my terribly sick grandmother (  I knew I couldn't stand to see her suffering).

~family~
I am only super close to a couple people in my family. I really kinda think I am just a loner. I am an only child raised by a teenage mother whom I have endless issues with. Needless to say we aren't close, we rarely see each other even though we live in the same city. Sometimes I feel really bad about that. My husband reminds me that I would be happy to spend time with her is she had the desire. ....

From my mother, I am blessed with  a great big extended family (she has 5 sisters and a brother).
I have grown up with so many cousins and am still close to some today!

Back to my Grandma...... she is sick..... Her lungs are in horrible shape and there are times when she cant breath.. I haven't seen her for a long time .. for no good reason other just being busy with my own brood.. I went to see her this week and she was just good old grandma cracking jokes and singing songs.. I fell in love with her all over again.. how could I go SO long without seeing her!! My grandparents lived in California most of my adult life.. even though I talked to them on the phone occasionally, I was used to not seeing them.... When Grandpa died, she moved back.. I have no good excuse...

Because grandma is sick, My one and only uncle came to town.. Michelle, you said it best when you said all the good memories just came flooding in.... I miss that guy!!!

now the downer..
some days I just don't feel cut out for the real estate biz.. My fun clients whom I was helping them buy a new home and sell their old one...totally got cold feet and backed out of both.. Although I don't blame them and I understood their anxiety ... I felt like I got fired. I am broken hearted today.
well I just have to get back up (again) and go get some more business.
In the last year I have discovered a very stubborn streak in me..  I don't want to fail!! and quitting is failure.. I cant walk away from something even if its making me crazy or breaking my heart... I want it to work! I want to succeed!

My son turned 17 yesterday!! ahhh stop getting older!!!!

Here is hoping for some happy posts next week!!!

Thanks for reading :)

5 comments:

  1. Lisa---my eyes teared up readed this post.
    what a strong WOMAN you are. strong strong strong!
    you have turned out quite beautiful if I might say so........
    I do not know much of your childhood or past, but I do know that I have come to completely adore everything about you.
    stubborn-ness
    not afraid to speak your mind and be ok with it.
    kind heart.
    bratty-ness
    sence of style
    the way you mother
    your hair
    your friendship
    the way you don't let many people in, but when you DO---you are the most loyal!
    your so smart.
    i love your teeth.
    yours and cory's relationship.
    your realness.
    thinking of others..

    I love you lisa. we all get speedbumps in the way.
    just put on your funky rainboots and RIDE OVER THEM!
    One more thought:
    what you did for Mike and I and our small little family. Selling and finding this amazing home for us. its a dream come true. we love our home and couldn't be MORE happier. so just so you know----we are HERE because of you.
    your efforts, your drive and passion and love for what you do.
    we thank you!
    xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have been more down lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. That had to be so hard to see her in that state. I love you and you have been such a great sister to me. You are awesome and so glad that I have been able to know you and have you in my family. Just know that no matter what happens, you have a family that loves you so much and that is a success in itself! MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the cutest ever. I like how you express yourself. I wish we could afford an agent and we would totally have you sell our house for us. Stupid real estate market. Makes me want to scream too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I LOVE you and I relate to the past crap and my heart breaks when you talk about your mom...makes me want to go grab her by her hair and just FReaK!! And then I remind myself..she has issues, we aLL have issues...most are really unfair and we had no choice in em (past) some we have every choice in but we want it SO badly we stick it out...
    I tild Jen we would go to dinner with her sometime soon..that should be fun :) and I have to sell this house FSBO cuz we have NO room $$$ but you are my girl for the purchase...cross my heart! <3 I just luv ya!!! No matter whats!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry things are difficult right now. I want you to know I fell in love with your blog as soon as I found it. I felt a fun connection with you and you have made me laugh. :) I have something for you on my blog. www.purseblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete