This is my bLoG!!! I get to SaY whatever I wAnT!!! My gripes, joys, and whatever comes to mind :) I love anything CrEaTiVe, ViSuAL, HeARtFELT, YuMmY, FuNnY, INSPIRING!!!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Diet Days...

Oh the battle of the bulge....
weight is my enemy... I drive it away from me 
It always comes back!  
I want to document my efforts to rid myself of muffin top for good!!
Y'all know I have been running pretty regularly for the last 2 months...
the pounds keep creeping on...
I have decided to take drastic measures!!!
Yes I am still committed to running..
after all I signed up for the Bryce Canyon half... (yikes) 

I am on day 2 of a very low calorie diet..
So far so good ... I have consumed gallons of coffee and iced tea...
I cant go longer than 45 minutes without having to pee..
I look like an orphan with no make up and straggly hair..
If you would like to  read more about this diet, I will post a link.

I've done it 3 times before..
January of 2009.. very successful! went from 193 to 172 in three weeks!
I manages to keep it off because I followed the Diet and maintenance phase very strictly (is that a word)

April 2009....
started out at 175 ( did the diet on vacation in TX capitol of delicious, bad for you, food)
Because we (my bff cuz and I) are so naughty when we are together.. we kept justifying a little treat here and there!! LOL  I manage to get down to 160... I did not take the maintenance phase too seriously this time and quickly gained about 8 pounds back..
September 2009
starting weight...168
This was such a bad Idea... Coming off of my worst summer stress wise, amidst my grieving husband and 
in laws ( my father in law passed away)... I was dieting...  
I manged to get down to 152 (lowest ever since I have had kids)
Again I didn't follow the maintenance phase very closely and quickly went up to 157
a month later I was 162
a month later I was 167
Then I had surgery on my foot..
end of December..172
I realized I was having hormonal issues recently and was prescribed birth control pills...
march 22 (the day I started the diet again)... 180
I am so depressed about this... I know weight loss will always be a challenge for me because of my under active thyroid gland.
I is SOOO easy for me to put on the pounds before you can say paradise pie...
I have learned that being stressed does things to your body that are not healthy..
I have learned treats every night and a glass of wine are NOT moderation!!!
I have learned that if you keep walking out your door.. every day.. running will get easier..




3 comments:

  1. You are SO brave!! Putting it all out there...HERE!! GOOD for you!! I love you and I KNOW you can do it!!!! I love what you have learned...lessons are SO hard huh!?! I beleive we keep learning them our whole life...
    keep on TRuCKin or in your case RuNNin!! Im rooting for you!! {see we are not ALL bad together} XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa- you are my hero!!! No everyone would be so honest & put it all out there for all to judge, criticize etc. Especially when it comes to weight. Us women always lie about it- who has their REAL weight on their drivers license etc? You can do this... I will be your biggest chearleader & support system. Don't give up!!! You know you can do this! 4th time is a charm- learn from past mistakes on this plan- do your maintenance phase straight up!!! I have been able to maintain the same 2lb range for over a year by journaling my food, exercise & just being honest with myself. When I have a treat I count the calories. Even if it means I have to have carrots & celery for dinner. When you start justifying things to yourself as you know that is when the weight creeps up:( Give yourself treats (in moderation) Treat yourself with non-food prizes too! Goal jeans, cute summer shirts, new flip-flops & pedicures etc. We all love you and would do anything to support your hard work. Lastly- keep on runnin- It is not the key to instant weight loss but the muscle & VO2 max you build will ward off pounds. We all know that muscle weighs more than fat & it takes less space on your body--- much love!!!
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!! Thanks girls... I dont understand the surprise I guess, LOL My life is always an open book and no one can judge me any harder then I judge myself... Its still nice to know you guys are rooting for me :)
    PS You will never catch me putting my real weight on my license ;)

    ReplyDelete